Hi Chris,

Seeing the problems you're having, may I suggest you look at using python's excellent "email" package in an external method to generate these mails rather than suffering with the horrific DTML below?

I think you'd find it much easier to generate the headers needed for your faxes, and you can even then use smtplib direct if MailHost is tripping you up. You'll also have MUCH better support for encoding attachments and building up emails :-)

good luck,

Chris

Chris Larsen wrote:
Never mind.. the dtml-boundary looks like this now.. I guess that
zopelabs.com how-to needs to be updated.. oh well.

<dtml-boundary disposition=attachment type=application/vend.ms-excel
encode=base64 filename=ics.xls><dtml-var expr="ics.data">

_____ From: Chris Larsen Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:10 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Excel spreadsheet attachment in dtml-sendmail

Hi again,

Now on to my next problem.. I have tried the below code to send off a
spreadsheet as an attachment and am getting a dat file and a 232B file
that can't be read.

Here's the code from zopelabs.com appropriated to my own info:

<dtml-sendmail mailhost=MailHost>