What you are trying to do has nothing with SMTP to do. It's fully MS
Outlook specific. You would have to write a mailhost that does not use
SMTP, but integrated directly to an outlook server. I have no idea of
how to do that, or even if it's possible.

What you might want to do instead, is too see if you can make the fax
software you are using be a SMTP-mail to fax gateway. I.e., if you
somehow can send SMTP mails to it. In that case, the mail adress would
be something like "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", which would be a valid
SMTP address.