As Dieter already said, this is due to you having cgi-maxlen or http-header-max-length (when using GET) set too low in etc/zope.conf.


John Schinnerer wrote:

OK, it's not just StructuredDocument objects, Image objects have the
same problem, anything over about ~5-8K gets the same error message. Probably everything will, those are just the ones that have emerged
first for me...

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
If it's some new configuration option(s) for 'content length' in 2.7.5,
where the heck do I find and tweak them?
I don't see anything in the ZMI that would affect this, don't know
where else to look.

John S.

To recap, my server was upgraded from zope 2.5.1 to 2.7.5 and now
StructuredDocument objects in a product I have built have a rather
small limit (about 4-6K) on how much content can be put into them.
The content is being put into them from content in a web form text
using a call like

'Name of Content')

Nothing in the product was touched/changed, just the zope upgrade.

The error message now returned in the browser window when I try and
update a structured document with more than ~4-6K of content via web
form is this:


Site Error

An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

Error Type: ValueError
Error Value: Maximum content length exceeded

Troubleshooting Suggestions

   * The URL may be incorrect.
   * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
   * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the
error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you
your patience.

This error is *not* showing up in the error log viewable from the
of the zope instance.

John S.

Florent Guillaume, Nuxeo (Paris, France)   CTO, Director of R&D
+33 1 40 33 71 59   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zope maillist  -
**   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - )

Reply via email to