Until yesterday, I'd been running one instance of Zope behind an Apache 2
proxy on a server, and I'd set up "zope.<mydomain>" to access the
management interface using this clause:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/htdocs/
    ServerName zope.example.com
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/zope.example.com-access_log combined

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)

When I visit http://zope.example.com/manage, I get the ZMI page as
desired.  So far so good.  However, I recently added a second Zope
instance to that server, and now would like to remotely manage them using
URLs like http://zope.example.com/instance1/manage .  For the life of me,
I can't figure out how to change the RewriteRule to point to a subdirectory
on the zope.example.com site.  I know this should be easy, but I'm just not
getting it.  Any ideas?
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies