Hey guys,
I've installed Zope on a FreeBSD server. My problem domain is very small: display a list of when people are unavailable, and let people update the list. This is all in Danish, and here are come my problems. Danish has three extra letters not in the ASCII alfabet, three upper-case and three lower-case. When getting the data from a <input name="test" /> where I've written "æ ø å Æ Ø Å", I get: æ ø Ã¥ Æ Ø Ã…

What is the standard way of ensuring that I get the correct data?

I tried writing a little converter, but the string

tekst = tekst.replace("\xc3\xa6", "ae");

gives me the error UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Do you have any suggestion on how to overcome these problems?