Jonathan Cyr wrote:
That's the ticket. You're right the CDATA solution is much better than html-quote'ing everything.

Many thanks,

-Jon

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

Create a python script called rssFormatter(text)::

from Products.PythonScripts.standard import structured_text, html_quote
return html_quote(structured_text(text))

Which you use later as <dtml-var "rssFormatter(summary)">

I think for some of my RSS feeds I use CDATA, so _my_ rssFormatter()
script looks something like this::

return "<![CDATA[%s]]>" % text

The advantage with CDATA is that you won't need to html quote things.

Which is not really true, you still have to find a way to deal with your string if it contains ']]>' which is the end marker for CDATA.

Florent