Kirk Strauser wrote:
On Friday 09 September 2005 13:56, J Cameron Cooper wrote:

I don't know why, either. That simply says that there is a default
Products directory ($SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products), you can't get
rid of it, and you shouldn't try to configure it here.

The problem I'm having, though, is that those products don't seem to be present in instances by default, which is the opposite of what I'd expect. For example, I'd think that ZPsycopgDA would be available inside each instance since it's present in $ZOPE/Products.

Anything in $SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products is available in any instances that use that SOFTWARE_HOME. You can see this quite easily by looking at the /Control_Panel/Products of an instance with nothing in its $INSTANCE_HOME/Products.

I'm not sure what you mean by $ZOPE/Products.

If you want your instances to use Products from some other directory,
name it here.

Yep. I'm wondering if I should create a $ZOPE/CommonProducts directory and add "products $ZOPE/CommonProducts" to every instance's zope.conf.

You can. I typically do the symlink thing, as I can just copy them from an existing instance with a similar or identical setup.

                --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com