We figured this out. Apache had "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" set. Changed it to "AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1". Although Zope renders the page, it still has to pass through Apache on its way down to the client.

Thanks for the help!

Allen

Niklas Saers wrote:

Hi Dragos,

    Note: If your Zope runs over an Apache you must check also the Apache
settings (to serve pages utf-8 encoded)

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. Just a question to this one, what Apache directive should I set here? I was under the impression that Apache serves the pages as-is with the following directives:

    ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:8080 http://www.mysite.com
    SetOutputFilter  proxy-html