--On 16. September 2005 15:09:37 -0300 Jeronimo Zucco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We posted a dynamic document for the students (35.000). The document is
generated using queries in MySql database, after user autentication
using mysqluserfolder.

The python processes occupied 100% of machines resources (cpu and
memory), and the load average increased quickly. We evidenced that the
problems had occurred before user authentication, only trying access the
initial page of the Zope portal.

We estimated that the simultaneous accesses to our portal are
approximately 10000 people in a moment, that finished generating a DoS
(Denial of Service) in our portal.

Short answer: all requests are processed by four worker thread - one after each other. If the threads are busy, all other requests have to wait in the request pipeline.

When you document is generated but static for all users then you should make it cachable and so it can be emitted through the Apache cache.

-aj