Hi Bruno. Many thanks you for your reply. Yes, I have been looking at this more. With the help of Ron a few days back I am going to try a signaling process working with a daemon that uses a queue. So I am hoping for user to get response so zope thread is freed up, an asynchronous python method / daemon gets signal to run if not already running, job gets added to queue and jobs run queue is empty (then daemon goes to sleep).

Regards,
David