On 28.09.05 19:43:43, Benmania Guin wrote:
> I am wondering whether everything will work properly if I have two servers
> both an apache AND Zope running.

As long as they don't use the same ports.

> I distinguish them by ports - the "normal" 80 PORT for Zope (for all HTTP
> requests) and Apache using all other ports (using it as a mailserver and
> stuff).

Apache is a Web-Server, it is _not_ a mailserver so you can't use it as
mailserver. The default apache install runs on port 80 for http and 443
for https and nothing more.

> Besides that, if I want to deinstall the old ZOPE version, is it possible to
> simply delete simply all files or is there any special deinstallation
> process?

What do you mean with "the old Zope version" the one you installed via
apt-get or the one you can install from source? For the first one:
apt-get remove --purge zope* should do it (eventually you have to
manually remove the instance-home in /var/lib/zope), for the latter
case: rm -rf <software-home> should be fine.

Andreas

--
You have an unusual magnetic personality.  Don't walk too close to
metal objects which are not fastened down.