jwithers wrote:

eep, another one, hope we're not related ;-)

Can anyone tell me what the default working directory for an external
method is?

You can't rely on it being anything. If you're working with files, you need to be very careful...

Further, I need this to create a file temporarily in Extensions.

Why?

I would prefer not to have to hardwire the location of Extension into the
code, since that would make the script non-portable to other instances easily.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

I'd suggest looking at python's tempfile module...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk