That solution was given to me by someone on the zope mailing list by the
time Zope 2.8.0 was out :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Withers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 September 2005 09:26
To: Pascal Peregrina
Cc: Luca Olivetti; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope Debugger 0.8.0 Released!

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> If what is intended with this code is to monkey patch some class, then
> I had a similar problem on 2.8.0 and I solved it by using setattr()
> instead of item assignment (and it works with 2.7.6).

It depends, did you try using the recompile method and did it work with your

PS: If you find patches like this that solve problems, I'd really appreciate
it if you could feed them back into the collector, or even on a mailing
list, that is kinda how open source is supposed to work ;-)

the system manager.