Yes, the access file was being created in the homeinstance. One thing I didn't do was run the zpasswd.py file when zope was stopped though, as I did with ./zopectl

On 9/29/05, J Cameron Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
michael nt milne wrote:
> Hi
>
> I appear to be having difficulty logging into the ZMI using the password
> created on install. I did change some settings to my root login using
> the Samplex member product etc but didn't change the password, login etc.
>
> Anyway I've followed all the instructions in security.txt, telnetting in
> as the user that made the zopeinstance and running
>
>   python zpasswd.py access
>
> using SHA-1 and then entering nothing for domains ( I presumed that this
> would give access for all domains etc)
>
> I then get an access denied message on running this and the access file
> is not created.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I guess I can always create a new zope
> instance and delete the old one?

You must make sure the access file is in the right place (an instance
home, I believe) and you have to restart for it to take effect.

               --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/