jwithers wrote:

> Because I need to feed the file to Mailman for evil purposes of my own
> (well, fairly mundane purposes of allowing my zope app to manipulate
> mailman list memberships, really) that the prototype mailman adapter I
> found doesn't meet.

BTW, I have experimented with the XML-RPC patch for Mailman 2.1.6:

It seems to work nicely from "command-line" Python, although I haven't
yet got around to driving it from within Zope.

> And yeah, tempfile would work, although, I have to
> admit I really don't see the point of it when you are only storing one
> file. I am probably missing some usecase or good programming practice
> here, but it seems like it saves you a single line for the delete in
> return for an extra module import.

What you really buy with that import is that other people have thought
about, and fixed bugs for, the race conditions involved in creating

> Peter Bengtsson gave me the solution in just using the INSTANCE_HOME
> variable directly, which is bound in external scripts. That beat the
> daylights out of the solution that had come up wjth the help of some
> folks on ICQ of using self.Control_Panel.getINSTANCE_HOME(). And Deiter
> is right and it is dim to put the temporary file in Extensions and it
> will be put in var instead. Not sure what I was thinking there.

In a "locked down" configuration, the user as whom Zope runs won't be
able to write into any directory on the system *except* the 'var'
directory (and a 'logs' directory if you feel obsessive about keeping
the logs elsewhere), so that works out well.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)