I see that ZEO supports a simple digest authenitcation of clients and that this
is set in the zeo's config file with the keys: authentication-protocol,
authentication-database and authentication-realm.

Further, I can see that a client can connect using e.g. ZEO.ClientStorage with
arguments for a userid & password (set in the ZEO authentication database).
However, how does one configure Zope (as a client to the ZEO server) to use
this authentication?  I see nothing in the Zope config file.  Somehow Zope must
be able to pass a valid userid and password in the authentication database to