On 4 Oct 2005, at 04:11, Bill Campbell wrote:
Given that I don't run the Microsoft virus, Windows, on anything, have
OpenOffice.org on all our Linux and OS X systems, and that OpenOffice.org
software is freely available, I don't see that it's a problem.

Odd reasoning. I hate to inform you, but not everyone is like you. I second David's point. Regardless of operating system or office-style software in use, I personally refuse to download and install a huge office suite just to view some files.

jens