At 8:11 PM -0700 3/10/05, Bill Campbell wrote:
On Mon, Oct 03, 2005, David H wrote:

   Thanks Bill,
   I saw that in a few google hits but ... I figured that if a fair
   population wants to view the presentations then the files should be in
   a universal format - like pdf or rtf.

   Its an interesting question:  how many people who just wish to peruse
   the files will feel compelled to google and download new apps just to
   be able to read them?

Given that I don't run the Microsoft virus, Windows, on anything, have on all our Linux and OS X systems, and that
software is freely available, I don't see that it's a problem.

We don't all run presentation software, either. If you just want to review a presentation rather than create/edit it, a format like PDF can be a better choice, and that applies regardless of how you feel about Microsoft. Effectively, what you are saying to many people is 'rather than use a viewer app you already have, to view this you will need to download a multi-megabyte office suit just to look at it'. If you don't see that as a problem, well, its still a problem.