I hope this is not a FAQ, but I looked for some info to no avail.

If I call a DTML-Method from an other Method (e.g. <dtml-var someDTML>), HTML entities are not converted.

However if I call it from python (e.g. <dtml-var "somePath.someDTML"> the entities are html_quoted.

This changed with Zope 2.7.x (?). Before that DTMLMethods were not quoted when called from python.

I know the easy workaround is to dtml-with to the namespace of the object and call it the zope-way.

I have a customer with several large applications which run on an old Zope only for the described reason. The applications relay heavily on calling DTML-Methods to include pieces of HTML, JavaScript, etc. Changing the old code would be an enormous effort.

Is there a way to patch zope to show the old behavior?