Hi Peter,

<dtml-with "somePath.someDTML">
  <dtml-var foo>
</dtml-with>

Now I'm very confused. What the heck is "someDTML" and what is "foo".
I thought "someDTML" was a DTML Method/Document. Then what is foo?

Sorry, my fault. This should read
<dtml-with "somePath">
   <dtml-var someDTML>
</dtml-with>

I could be wrong but it seems your DTML usage is flawed. Then yes,
you'll have to write some regular expression scripts that recodes them
to call templates the correct way.

This would be no problem. However I need zope to do this automatically so I don't have to change the dtml-var calls in the customer's code. So my thought is to alter the __call__ method of DTMLMethod.py which is kind of ugly in case I want to update Zope later on.

PS. Do you need convincing that Page Templates are better than DTML
for HTML stuff?

I KNOW that :-) I don't use DTML myself. As I said I try to get a customer's stuff run on a curent version of zope. I would love to clean up his stuff and convert is to tal.

Regards
Chris