Hi Peter,
I've got a Zwiki instance that works just fine. If I visit it at
http://localhost:8080/wiki/RecentChanges?action=rss_rc I get a nice
feed of all the recent changes.
I'm not familiar with ?action=rss_rc at all, it sounds like a local customization.
But I don't want to reach it by URL, I want to reach it
programmatically. How do I do that??

"return self.wiki.RecentChanges()" gives an AttributeError.
If you want to know why, post the traceback and I'll say more.
Generally, to get a zwiki page to render itself programmatically, give it a REQUEST. Eg self.wiki.RecentChanges(REQUEST=REQUEST). In certain contexts you might still have skin trouble, in which case try self.wiki.RecentChanges(REQUEST=REQUEST,bare=1) to render without the skin.

Current Zwiki has changes_rss and pages_rss methods built in, eg wiki.AnyPage.pages_rss().