I tried to install ZOPE from sources via "configure - make - make instance" but unfortunately I always get the following error message when typing in the "make" command.

> command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
> -basherror:: command not found

In my last message, I assumed that gcc was not installed. I derived this assumption from the error message

The weird thing is that whenever I type in the command 'gcc'. There is always the following error message:
'No input files found'

I am wondering why: If gcc was not installed, there should be an error message that is similar to 'command not found'. The output 'No input files found' implies that - in my opinion - gcc is actually installed.

What do you think of that?

if you enter 'which gcc' at the command line prompt (shell) it will tell you where gcc is installed on your system.
eg.
$ which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

hth