I have a working pyhton script in the ZODB that searches for members and
is called by a xmlrpc client. Security is only needed based on source IP
address, so Anonymous can execute it, but the script has an Authenticated
proxy role.

I would like to convert this script to an Exteral Method in
$INSTANCE_HOME/Extensions. This basically works, but I cannot see any way
to specify the proxy role. And when it is not specified the script
obviously does not work.

After some googling, I tried to make a <scriptname>.metadata file with:

But that does not seem to work...

- Is the .metadata supported for external methods?
- Is there another way to set proxy roles in external methods?

"Nothing is as subjective as reality"
Reinoud van Leeuwen    [EMAIL PROTECTED]