--On 10. Oktober 2005 20:21:10 -0700 John Schinnerer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Aloha,

I just applied the below hotfix as directed to a zope 2.7.5
installation on my development machine.

It broke something bad, now the browser just says

The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:9673

I cannot access the ZMI nor any site pages, not on localhost:9673 nor
on 127.0.0.1:9673

That is the port it was installed and had been working on.
I did nothing but install the hotfix as directed on the linked page
below.

I have completely restarted the machine.
At boot time the messages indicate that zope started fine, as usual.

When Zope does not respond to requests as stated then there has been something during the startup phase of phase. I do not believe that the patch causes a startup problem. If it does then you applied it the wrong way or you are not telling us all details in terms of error messages happening during startup.

-aj