Cameron Beattie wrote:
I have created a script based on zope_pack from the Zope book which allows a username and password to be specified when it is called. I wish to create a user specifically for this purpose that only has the ability to pack the ZODB.

What permission is ZODB packing protected by?

granted the backup role all available permissions. But the user can't login to http://mydomain.com/Control_Panel/Database/main/manage_workspace

I don't know what zope_pack looks like, can you show us?
What error message do you get?
Any tracebacks?

cheers,

Chris

PS: I wouldn't do zodb packing by whacking a url. There's a script that scripts with ZOpe now that opens up a ZEO connection and does the pack that way, that's what I'd do...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk