(please keep the list CC'ed in)

Nicolas Georgakopoulos wrote:
Chris Withers wrote:

Nicolas Georgakopoulos wrote:

Hello all, I'm developing using ZPT and I need to create a file (CSV format) but I'm having some problems:

* 1. *I only know how to create files with python but I get an
*    Error Type: NameError*
*    Error Value: global name 'file' is not defined.

Indeed, just build your csv as a string :-)

Yes I will build my csv as string but how can I save it as a file ?

Why do you think you need to?

Is the csv data dynamically generated?

If you need to store it, create a Zope File Object in the python script that processes submission from your ZPT.

* 2.*When I create my file how can I send it as an attachment by mail ? (I already have setup my mail host object and I can send mail's successfully.)

I just wrote a product specifically for this ;-)

http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/zope/mailtemplates

Thanks, I'm looking to it rigth now.

You'll want to build your own MIMEBase object and attach it to the result of rendering your Mail Template if you build your csv in a string.

If you end up with a Zope File object or a ZPublisher FileUpload object, then you can just do:

msg = context.my_mail_template.as_message(
         # insert your params here
         )

msg.add_file(your_file)

There's plenty of examples in the readme.txt file, or in the tests folder...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk