OK, the opts object really did have everything loaded.  On careful inspection
the opts.configroot has an attribute "databases" with a list of
Zope.Startup.datatypes.ZopeDatabase instances.  I can do what I originally set
out to do which was to open a ZEO.ClientStorage configured from the
zope-with-zeo.conf file (the ZEO.ClientStorage is now wrapped in a ZEOClient
object):

from Zope.Startup import options, handlers
opts = options.ZopeOptions()
opts.configfile='c:\Zope-Instance-Test\etc\zope-with-zeo.conf'
opts.load_schema()
opts.load_configfile()
for db in opts.configroot.databases:
     if is instance(db.config.storage, ZODB.config.ZEOClient):
          db.config.storage.open()

>What does your zope-with-zeo.conf file look like?

My zope-with-zeo.conf file is pretty standard except for a designation to use a
zeoclient.  I've also included a username and password as my zeo server is
using digest authentication:

 <zodb_db main>
   mount-point /
   <zeoclient>