Garry Saddington wrote:

I have a variable called 'groupabbrev' in the REQUEST. I am trying to automatically select an option in a select list based on this variable. I have tried this code and many others, and many googles but have not found anything that works. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

<select name="groupabbrev">
<dtml-in getpastoralgroups>
<option value="<dtml-var groupabbrev>" <dtml-if expr="'groupabbrev'==_['sequence-item']"> selected</dtml-if> ><dtml-var groupabbrev></option>
</dtml-in>
</select>

Why have you put 'groupabbrev' in quotes? That makes it a string, and the condition will only be true when the current item is equal to "groupabbrev".

Presumably you want the value of the variable named that, rather than a string of that name.

Also, watch the values of what 'getpastoralgroups' returns. The condition will never be true if they are not strings or converted into such.

                --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/