Steven Hayles wrote:

AFAICS the directives zserver-read-only-mode and read-only-database just set the environment value ZOPE_READ_ONLY and no change in ZOPE's operation results. Am I right? This is ZOPE 2.7.7

Not really sure what you're asking?
Did you try these and find they made no difference?

Setting read-only in the database storage does make a difference (in my configuration, Formulator 1.6.2 throws an exception, but that's not a ZOPE issue).

Okay, maybe that's 'cos Formulator is trying to write to the zodb?

Seriously, not sure what you're asking/explaining...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk