Wingware Support wrote:

Because Wing currently doesn't read files from anywhere but the file system. I have looked briefly at zdb, but have not had time to set it up yet.

Man, you are short of time ;-)

Wing's debugger does not use pdb or even the linecache module, so zdb's technique of pre-filling the line cache isn't applicable.

That's a shame, you should be able to use something similar though...

Since you also have a need for the co_filename attribute to be set, I suggest we try to come up with a monkey patch that we can both use and not conflict with each other.

Yep :-)

I don't have Wing, so I can't try WingDbg, but if you could stick zdb and WingDbg in the same Zope instance and see what zdb is stomping on that's stopping WingDbg working, then I'll see what I can do..

I still think even better would be to get a change into Zope so monkey patches aren't required.

Well, zdb adds overhead, so I'd never want its stuff to be intergated...