--On 14. Oktober 2005 20:24:28 +0200 Enrique Arizón <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 By desire of the gods and the ebays lords a bargain
Sun Enterprise 250 arrived to my hands this week.

 The machine is equiped with 6x50GBytes SCSI HDs that
can be setup in RAID 0, 1, 5 and 01 combinations and
two Sparc 64bits CPUs with Solaris 10. The idea is to
use it mainly for Zope/ZEO/Plone hostings.

I've seen worser hardware in my life. No idea what your goals are but you should start with a standard ZEO setup using one ZEO server and a ZEO client. Plone loves a lot of memory. When you run Zope/Plone then caching is likely more important than a perfect ZEO setup from the performance point of view. Such a setup always requires tweaking and tuning over a period of time. However this depends highly on your needs and goal.