On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Chris Withers wrote:

S.Hayles wrote:

AFAICS the directives zserver-read-only-mode and read-only-database just set the environment value ZOPE_READ_ONLY and no change in ZOPE's operation results. Am I right? This is ZOPE 2.7.7

Not really sure what you're asking?
Did you try these and find they made no difference?

Yes, and I've looked at the code and can't see any way they can make a difference.

Well, the obviously make some difference, or you wouldn't get errors from Formulator ;-)

In fact, it was setting read only in the storage configuration that caused the Formulator error, not setting zserver-read-only-mode or read-only-database.

I'll try asking on the dev list.