Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 06:50:09PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:

I am trying to make a product where-in I want to be able to return a
page based on the url, think something like /product/username
which would return a page with the users details.
For this purpose I am using __getitem__, but when I return a
PageTemplateFile instance it just tells me it has encountered a problem
publishing the object.

I such a case, you look at the traceback (which you can find in
the "error_log" object in your Zope "Root Folder" (ZMI)).

It just says "No exceptions logged." So it does not log any errors in
error_log. The error message I am getting is:

Site Error

Debugging Notice
Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.

Cannot locate object at: http://localhost:8080/vitester/asonhe

If it does not solve the problem directly, you include
the full error information (at least "Error Type", "Error Value"
*AND* "traceback") in your post.

If there had been a better error description I would of course have
included it, but the thing that has made this difficult to understand is
that I haven't been able to find any real error messages. I have enabled
debug-mode and am running Zope in the foreground, but it reports no
errors at all.

error_log is by default set to ignore three common types of exceptions. You should remove NotFound from the list if you're getting NotFound exceptions and want to see them.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC