Jürgen Herrmann wrote:
i use the SimpleUserFolder product and derive a MyUser class from it's
included User class, which in turn inherits from BasicUser.

the SimpleUserFolder's User class does neither reimplement
getRolesInContext() nor allowed(). i looked at the source of
BasicUser (lib/python/AccessControl/User.py) and found out that
allowed() does not use the information provided by getRolesInContext().
i found this comment:
        # Still have not found a match, so check local roles. We do
        # this manually rather than call getRolesInContext so that
        # we can incur only the overhead required to find a match.

so if i reimplement getRolesInContext() in MyUser, i'll probably also
have to reimplement allowed() to reflect the possibly added local roles,

regards, jürgen herrmann

ps: looking at the code of allowed() i doubt that the "manual" checking
of local roles will speed this method up a lot: local roles seem to be
a seldomly used feature, the improvement in speed would only occur if
the object in question was protected by a local role (and not a normal
one). is this enough to justify duplicated code with all of it's

Actually all third-party userfolders I know of reimplement allowed() in terms of calling getRolesInContext().