Vangelis Mihalopoulos wrote at 2005-10-19 12:22 +0300:
>I am thinking of using a Z Database Connection (mysql) from within an
>external method, without using Z SQL Methods, but can't figure out how i
>can "safely" do it

Calling a "DA" object gives you a low level connection object (a
"db" object). It has a "query" method. Calling it provides
"safe" SQL execution.

>From other posts, I understood that you want to do special things.
In such cases, reading the source is necessary -- and being prepared
that things may change between releases...

I follow the recommendation of others to use ZSQL methods...