Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 13:44 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

I am on a unix-like operating system, Zope 2.8, CMF, CPS (SVN Trunk).
I would like users to be abble to write some file on the filesystem.

I manage a group of users on a Unix system.
They also have an FTP space, and a mailbox (on the system)
They are members of the CPS hosted on the Zope.
They want to change their FTP/POP/IMAP password.

I would then have this modification done in a tightly controlled external method (from a security point of view) and make sure you use some big Locks (see python threading module's documentation) so multiple simultaneous requests don't cause carnage...

I need to process their request into a batch file.

Why a batch file?

Obviuosly, ther is the LDAP common authentication for the groupware and
the system, but the LDAP connection is a work still in progress... they
want to change their passwords NOW. The quickest way I found is to code
an interface (a form) in wich they ask for the password change.

I would suggest just getting LDAP working ;-)

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk