Sorry and thanks.

I've found that the when I initially create a separate mount point and Data.fs file with

mountpoint /original

and then copy Data.fs to

this almost works:
mountpoint /newlocation:/original

It works, in that I can navigate through the ZMI, but it fails in that the plone site embedded in this Data.fs file generates urls that point back to ../original.

Your comments explain why. Thanks.

Question: this wouldn't be the case for a Zope or Plone folder. If I rename a folder from 'old_folder_name' to 'new_folder_name', it appears that the folder has no "memory" of old_folder_name. However, it appears that a mount point "remembers" where it was created. Isn't that in some sense a bug?

Dieter Maurer wrote:

Please send all Zope related questions to a Zope related mailing
list and not to me privately.

Usually, I do not answer questions sent to me privately!

I added "".