I need some sort of content editor and have looked at both Epoz and Kupu. My problem is that I can't get any of them to work. If I install Epoz, Zope crashes without any error messages. With Kupu I get KeyError's when I try to look at it in the ZMI. I have Zope installed from packages in a Debian system. Is this the reason?
I also have a KeyError problem with SessionCrumbler.

I am running Zope 2.7.5, Python 2.3.5. I have Plone installed too but am not using it.

Are these editors even usable by me? The final system will be very bare bones. No Plone or similar at all.

I found the Kupu documentation a bit cryptic too. As I am very new to Zope, I want a simple functioning example how to edit a simple document object. Epoz has this but I could not try it because of the crash.

I have googled around a lot, but I haven't found anything that resembles my problems.