Vangelis Mihalopoulos wrote:
Well, i am running zope under root privileges in "read-only" mode.

What does this mean?

I am opening the ZODB in read-only, using the appropriate parameter in the conf file.

How odd, do you do that with your relational database too?

What are you seeking to do or prevent?

I want a number of external methods to run with "root" privileges for performing specific tasks (older thread, "root privileges required", 27/7/2004)

If there is a Zope break-in,

What does that mean?

I think of it as a break-in in the ZMI.

You are lacking sanity to worry about any of the stuff in the above chunk in the way that you are...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk