Tres Seaver wrote:
The Owner role is something of a dead chicken. Don't rely on it and
ignore it as best you can unless you're really sure what you're doing...

I don't know why you would say that.  The "Owner" local role (as opposed
to executable ownership) is widely used to allow creators of content to
edit it in places where they would otherwise be unable to do so.

Indeed, but people alwys get it mixed up with executable ownership, or some other kind of voodoo, and so are scared to treat it just like any other role, which is wha tthey should do ;-)

It *is* possible to hijack the role computation here;  getting it right
is tricky, however, and when it is wrong, your error messages are going
to be inscrutable.  The "right" place to do this might be in a custom
user folder, rather than in content.  PAS, for instance, has the concept
of making the role computation for the *user* pluggable.

My gut feeling is he doesn't really want to do any of that though...