On 10/28/05, Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 28 Oct 2005, at 10:26, Einar Næss Jensen wrote:

Debian is a great distribution, no doubt, but "X works for us while Y
does not" is a misleading statement that creates wrong impressions.
It's not RedHat's fault that you weren't up to speed on some of these

No. Probably not.
We should have had quite another aproach to the new install of redhat 9.0 three years ago.
The brokne rpm database we didn't manage to recover using the rpm-tools.
As i remeber it, a lot of the packages installed software in places where other packages or sourcebased installs would not find it.
I think also the up2date procedure with logging in and register your product etc was not what we wanted
Also as I remember it, at about the same time Redhat anounced the end of  life  for  several of its products  and wanted us to use  The new RedHat Enterprise.
So there were several factors involved in the change, and probably it didn't have much to do with a bad product from RedHat.
Still we dislike Redhat.

I think I have written myself way off topic no, so i'll quit here.

Einar Næss Jensen
tlf: +47 90990249