Am Freitag, 4. November 2005 11:34 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:
> > Zope-2-7-6
> > I would like to minimize cache of my ZODB mounted database by
> > manage_minimize function from PythonScript placed in Root Folder.
> Why? Do you expect to reduce the Zope memory footprint? That won't
> happen on most operating systems...

you might not get memory back, but you could prevent that too much is consumed
in the first place. at least thats what I believe to have observed for long
running maintenance jobs that touch many (several thousands) objects during a
transaction. of course, if its possible to commit() once in a while saves way
more memory.

Cheers, Sascha

Gallileus - the power of knowledge

Gallileus GmbH

Pintschstra├če 16                  fon +49-(0)30-41 93 43 43
10249 Berlin                      fax +49-(0)30-41 93 43 45

Lesen Sie bei Gallileus ├╝ber aktuelle Forschungsergebnisse
aus den Hochschulen: