On 4 Nov 2005, at 12:43, Sascha Ottolski wrote:

Am Freitag, 4. November 2005 11:34 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:
Zope-2-7-6
I would like to minimize cache of my ZODB mounted database by
manage_minimize function from PythonScript placed in Root Folder.

Why? Do you expect to reduce the Zope memory footprint? That won't
happen on most operating systems...

you might not get memory back, but you could prevent that too much is consumed in the first place. at least thats what I believe to have observed for long running maintenance jobs that touch many (several thousands) objects during a transaction. of course, if its possible to commit() once in a while saves way
more memory.

It's not only possible to commit once in a while during such jobs, it's what you *should* do.

jens