Zope 2.8.1

In Plone 2.1.1, when I try to access a page Anonymous does not have
permission to see, it redirects to a login. While doing so, it sets a
came_from variable with the URL I'm trying to access. It sets an ugly

which does not work. Plone folks suspected this was a Zope problem.

When Plone sets the came_from, it draws on the REQUEST variable. It
first looks to see if there is a VIRTUAL_URL in the REQUEST variable,
but it doesn't find one. I'm wondering if CookieCrumbler is supposed
to set VIRTUAL_URL given that there's a VHM installed and doesn't?