En/na Jens Vagelpohl ha escrit:

The only issues you might ever run into would be problems with the Python that comes with the OS. But then again if you run Zope in production you should never ever use the system Python and build your own instead. The system Python tends to be compiled with weird flags on RH-based distros to suit their own needs for the many Python-based scripts they have in the OS. Don't use it, build your own.

I agree with your opinion, but I have to add that yesterday (that's why I follow-up now to this old thread) I had to build python 2.3.5 on a shiny new x86_64 machine and it's been a bitch to get right. Luckily I found the patches in the (mandriva) rpm for 2.3.4 that solved (or at least it seems so) the issues with lib/lib64 (there are still a couple of tests failing but zope seems to run fine).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007