I am writing to tap the list's experience with running a single zope instance with a large number (30, 500, 2000?) of mount points.

We're hosting a number of client sites, and for each client, e.g. clientX, we have a mount point:

<zodb_db clientX>
mount-point /clientX
<filestorage>
path $INSTANCE/var/clientX/Data.fs
</filestorage>
</zodb_db>

Currently, we have about a dozen of these. This works well. Of course, more clients will increase server load, but so long as that is more or less linear and gradual, that's fine.

Questions for the list:
- What's the greatest number of mount points that folks have set up this way(50? 1000? more?) and what's been the experience, particularly with non-linear responses (e.g. "it all goes to pot after n=100")?

- Are there any theoretical limits on the number of mount points?

Thanks.