Faheem Mitha wrote:

Turns out the problem was indeed with the Proxy, I had to change to
Allow from all inside the proxy.conf, to enable reverse proxying.

          Order deny,allow
                #Deny from all
                #Allow from .your_domain.com
                Allow from all

I'm not sure an open proxy is that hot an idea, but this has nothing to do with Zope. I suggest you go and ask on #apache on irc.freenode.net

1) I can still access my plone site unauthenticated via

Again, nothing to do with Zope. iptables is the way to go, and I bet £5 you lock yourself out of your machine within 2 hrs of playing with this ;-)

Go to #debian on irc.freenode.net and wear flameproof clothing ;-)

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk