----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Winkler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] question about Zope capabilities

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 10:56:34PM -0600, Terry Hancock wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:49:47 -0800
Rich Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At this point, the site is great for managing content via
> the  database.  However, as far as I can see pretty much
> all the content  needs to fit into templates, with the
> result that there appears to be  little room for setting
> up a more free-form looking page that can  incorporate
> graphics in a freer, more visual way.

Well, *ANY* system that generates a web page is going to
have that problem.  Yes, you *CAN* make it more "free form",
but freedom carries responsibility

Yep. A quick-and-dirty solution would be to have some pages that are
just Files with content type text/html.  But then of course they're just
static html and you are 100% responsible for the content of those pages.
So you'd have to balance the maintenance cost against the work of
creating a "smarter" solution.

A less quick and less dirty solution could be to create several templates (each with different layouts) and serve them up at random.