On 20 Nov 2005, at 18:47, George Lee wrote:

Great, thanks much.

Is there much buzz about this in CMF developer land? It seems like
proper proxy roles handling, and like you said what Zope 3 security
will do to it, are pretty important and will come up quite often (all
I was doing, after all, was trying to move an object upon workflow
change!).

IMHO proxy roles should be used extremely sparingly, if at all. They are a last resort and I personally never use them. Matter of fact I believe having to use them means the application design could use some improvement...

If something needs to be done with elevated privileges it should be in filesystem product code or, if that is not feasible, in an external method. At least that's my philosophy ;)

jens