Its not a problem - I'm just curious as to why this is/may be.  From
reading docs/postings online, it seems to me that the higher the check
interval is, the faster the site should be (up to a point -- law of
diminishing returns sort of thing).  It is completely opposite for me
and inquiring minds want to know...

Matt, your box is only single processor right? I wonder if that and/or the fact that you have the zeo client and server on the same box has anything to do with it...

From my experience there is usually no need to change the interval...even
not for large sites..

Well, necessary, no, your site will still function ;-) But, if Matt's found ways to speed up his servers by tweaking the check interval, I'm certainly interested, even if no-one else is!

Matt, what kind of speed increase did you see? How did you measure it?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk